Every week a couple of people come in asking to buy ganache. We don't sell ready-to-use ganache (but maybe we should/will :)), but it's so easy! Once we share the recipe, people are thrilled to know how simple it is and how many uses it has from drip cakes, candy fillings and macarons.
Try this super simple recipe that takes only about 10 minutes and can be done in the microwave, but be careful!
- 9 ounces chocolate (milk, dark or white)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Using a heavy sauce pan bring the heavy whipping cream to boil.
- While the cream is coming to a boil, chop the chocolate.
- When the heavy whipping cream has come to a boil add the chocolate.
- Stir until it comes into a smooth mixture
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature to use as a filling. Pour onto a cake when slightly warm to use on a drip cake.
Some things to Note and fun options!
- Be careful when boiling the cream because it can boil out of the pot.
- When you stir in the chocolate you can also add a tablespoon of alcohol
- You can whip the ganache after it cools to make a fluffy ganache.
Directions in Pictures!